The Federal Personal Information Protection & Electronic Documents Act (and equivalent provincial legislation) requires that consent be obtained prior to the collection and use of all personal information. The personal information you provide to the Moncton H2O Masters Swim Club (the Club) from this registration will be used for the purposes reasonably associated with the swimming activities conducted by the Club. These purposes include national, provincial and event registration, insurance coverage, training and competition participation and competition result publication. Some of the information you provide will be passed on to Swimming/Natation Canada (SNC) and Swimming New Brunswick , for purposes including association registration, insurance coverage and:
- Ensuring swimmers train and compete in an age appropriate environment;
- Establishing athlete eligibility for selection to swim teams;
- Establishing pertinent medical records;
- Reporting non-identifying, demographic and participation statistics to funders, sponsors and other authorized third parties;
- Publishing athletes' names, genders, ages, club affiliations on our web pages or in results, news releases and ranking reports;
- Making direct contact with swimmers as necessary for the operation of the Club, Swimming New Brunswick and SNC.
Additional personal information may be collected from time to time. Consent for the use of this personal information may be inferred where its uses are obvious and it has been voluntarily provided. When not obvious, the purposes for collection will be provi ded prior to, or at the time of collection; either orally or in writing.
Complete texts of the Privacy/Personal Information Policies (variously the “Policy” or “Policies”) may be found for SNC at: www.swimming.ca.
Should a swimmer wish to review their personal information held by the Club, Swimming New Brunswick, or SNC they must make a request to the appropriate organization pursuant to that organization’s Policy. Further, swimmers may withdraw consent to use their personal information pursuant to the Policies. Such a withdrawal however, may require the cancellation of your registration with and suspension of your activities with the Club, Swimming New Brunswick and SNC. All swimmers or their legal guardian must sign a copy of this form each season.